Saturday, February 5, 2011

Technology is Against Me

Since I was little and our family got our first computer I have had bad luck with computers. I can't really explain it. It just has always seemed to my that computers run perfectly fine until I come near them. Maybe it is because I am impatient and I never had a computer or internet connection that was fast enough.

This year my bad luck continues. We just had a new hard drive installed at the first of the year and and it has somehow crashed already. Because of my bad luck with computers or my husbands insight into situations such as these we have a three year contract with Geek Squad and an external hard drive. Which is amazing because there is no way we would have been able to replace two hard drives in a months time and all of our files have been backed up several times.

So, I really would like for my kids to have better luck with technology than I have. I have been pestering Mike for months to get the kids a desktop that they can play games on and learn the ins and outs of using a computer. Mike doesn't let them touch the laptop without complete supervision and a desktop is more durable. I recently read an article about baby's using cell phones and i pads to play learning games and that a large number of babies and toddlers no how to navigate those sorts of things. This information blows my mind not only because I didn't think of it, but that my kids will be starting out behind in the world of technology. But I can't help but wonder, "How far is too far?" And "Will technology help or hurt our children and their generation?"

No comments:

Post a Comment