Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just Dance

So, I thing I finally gotten over the bug, but for some reason I have been in a funk today. Zeke has found his way into the terrible twos and he is a completely different kid lately. It's hard to cope with the fact that my sweet cuddly baby boy has become a screaming, kicking defiant little monster. In hopes of warding off this funk I've been crafting and decorating for Valentine's Day with the kids today. I try to make the holidays memorable for them and we love making things together and putting them up around the house. We all got frustrated and decided to take a break. I put on a movie for them and then went to clean the kitchen. A few minutes later Violet came to tell me that Zeke had hit her on the head. I began to shew her off because she wasn't crying, just tattling. As she turned to walk out of the kitchen I felt a tinge of guilt at the look of disappointment on her face. I followed her to the edge of the dining room grabbed her shoulders turned her around and scooped her up.  I took her into the kitchen, we danced to "Perfect" by Pink and I sang it to her. Zeke came in right as Kesha's "We are who we are" came on, I put Violet down and we all joined hands and had a dance party right there in the middle of the kitchen. I am in a much better mood now.  I love my kids and sometimes I get caught up in my own moods and don't realize that maybe they are just having a bad day too. Sometimes you should just stop what your doing and Dance. You'll be glad you did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment