Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcoming 2012

Well, today is the first day of 2012! I usually try not to make resolutions for fear of failure, but in 2011 I became a much stronger, more confident person. I know, this year, that I can do anything that I put my mind to. Last year I didn't write down my goals and I wish that I would have. I remember having so many in mind that I was overwhelmed. I friend of mine told me to list them, but to plan on conquering one at a time. The one's that I remember were loosing weight, exercising, becoming more healthy, crafting more, becoming a better mom and spending less time on facebook. Five out of six isn't too bad ;) In 2011 I was able to lose 20 lbs through eating healthily and exercising. I was able to make Christmas presents this year for most of my family and friends. And I became more involved with Violet's school by volunteering. The only goal that I didn't attain was to spend less time on facebook.

1) This year I would like to continue my journey to become healthier, not to become skinnier or lose weight, but to build muscles, eat well and live well.
2) I would also like to continue to find more time to make crafts. My first projects of the year will be Violet's quilt and decorating Zeke's room. I also want to make a scrapbook.
3) As for becoming a better mom, I have come to realize that everyday is a learning experience and everyday is a chance to become better. I would like to be a better mom, wife, friend and community member.
4) I most definitely would like to spend less time on Facebook and have more face time with my friends and family. Instead of updating my status several times a day I would like to push myself to do a bi-weekly blog about what is happening in our lives.
5) Lastly I would like to find ways to become more financially secure by learning to use coupons more, eating out less, using credit cards less and opening a saving account to save for a down payment on a house.

All of these goals are completely attainable and I believe in myself enough now to make them all a reality in the coming year! I hope for all of you that your next year is filled with hope, love and prosperity despite what obstacles may lie ahead! Only you can make your own happiness. Happy New Year!!

1 comment: