Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring has Sprung

      Wow! I can't believe that my last blog was in February! Time flies when you are busy mom of two. We have had a lot going on, and sometimes we click into survival mode. Doing what we have to do from day to day without anything extra being tacked on. Spring came early this year and that means lots of extra work. We have started some seeds and we will be planting them in the garden next weekend. We are planning to grow corn, peas, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow squash, Zucchini, jalapenos, and serrano peppers. I spent some time weeding the garden today and I found a volunteer pumpkin growing. The kids had rolled the pumpkin around the yard last fall until it completely turned to mush. I am excited with the prospect of having our very own garden and being more self sufficient. I have always loved the idea of living off of the land and this is as close as I've ever been. In years past we have grown squash and tomatoes, but never have we tried to this extent.
       Volunteer Pumpkin

        In March I was fortunate enough to go to the NC Head Start Conference as WCCA Parent of the Year. I was able to attend some classes, spend time with Emily and enjoy my first 'vacation' without Mike and the kids. It was a great experience and I had a lot of fun, even learned a little, but I missed Mike and the kids terribly!

It was nice to get prettied up for a special occasion. 

       The end of March was the Kindergarten fair and the first week of April was Kindergarten Registration! My baby girl is growing up so fast!! We applied to several area schools, two of which are year round, lottery schools. We received a letter yesterday that Violet got into our first choice school!! And we are excited for her to start in July!

Violet after her first professional haircut

     In April we went to spring break at Myrtle Beach with Mike's Family. We had a great week of fun in the sun. We visited Myrtle Beach State Park, spent a lot of time on the beach, some time in the pool and even made it to Ripley's Believe it or not. We had an awesome time and were glad to come home after an exhausting week of vacation.

The kids enjoying the beach together. 

    Violet and Zeke finished up there Monkey See Monkey do class at the Flat Rock Playhouse- YouTheatre. It was a fun class with music and creative play. Mike, Karen and I all volunteered at the spring festival. YouTheatre is a great program and I am excited that Violet will be going to summer camp there for a week this summer!! We have a short summer, but I assure you that we will make the best of it! I hope you are all well. Much love, Rebeccca

    

No comments:

Post a Comment