Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Cherry Tree for Caleigh

     A good friend of mine is having a baby this month and for her baby shower I wanted to give her something that she and baby Caleigh would love and enjoy for a long time. She had told me that she wanted a Vinyl Cherry Tree for Caleigh's room to match her crib set. So, I bought brown and white vinyl from the internet and pink from Michaels. I borrowed a friends Cricut to cut out cherry blossoms and i'd like to say that I got right to work, but I procrastinated for a few months. All the while I was picturing and planning in my head, and on paper what this tree would look like and how it would turn out. I used an idea that Meredith had found on the internet and using that I sketched a tree on newspaper in Violet's room.

   Then I cut piece by piece from this template and put it on the wall with masking tape first to make sure that it turned out as planned.
It is actually flip flopped from the first drawing, but that was the easy part.
 It took about 5 1/2 hours to cut and apply the tree it's self.
 I left Meredith with the flowers to place them where ever she liked.
 And she made the birds herself with scrapbook paper.
I am so happy for Meredith and family and can't wait to meet Baby Caleigh!!

2 comments: