Friday, February 17, 2012

Dreams

Dreams are important in any existence. It is important to work towards personal goals, to be motivated, to find something that you love to do. Dreams are dreams because they are distant from reality. Sometimes dreams can lift you up and pull you away. Your mind wanders at the many possibilities of what could be and what is to come. They make you think in a different way, they make you yearn, they can even change you. Not all dreams are out of reach. A lot of people have the means to make their dreams come true, some people work toward their dreams everyday and never make it to the end game, but they are happy with the journey.

Many of my dreams have already come true. I have a great, loving husband, 2 amazing children, and a handful of close friends. These are people I love and cherish. I consider myself fortunate. I don't have much money, and though I feel like things would be easier if I did, I take to account the fact that if I did have a lot of money, I might not have a lot of love. I would choose love over money any day. I am a caring, compassionate person. I'm not incredibly smart, and most things don't come easy for me. My dreams may take a whole lifetime to accomplish, but I look forward to the journey.

3 comments:

  1. Excuse me, but you most definitely are incredibly smart, and don't you dare EVER to think anything different. It is because you are so incredibly smart that you are also so incredibly compassionate, dream even about dreaming, and are aware of all the wonderful gifts and emotions in your life. It is also because you are smart that things don't seem to come easily for you. Intelligence gives you the ability to love so very passionately and to be aware of the many emotions that surface. With these come the ability to question and analyze every damn little thing! Every choice, every feeling, every moment, every alternate ending.
    It's a gift and a curse in my opinion, but I do honestly think that we can learn to take the gift and leave the curse by the process of displacement.
    My idea:
    Every time you start over-analyzing life and your thinking begins to wander into the dark, sticky places where you find that negativity and self doubt, immediately fill it with love, laughter, and the biggest, most incredible dreams you can imagine. I mean dreams like making fairies from dust, swimming with mermaids...Living on a secluded island, walking barefoot through white cotton sand, watching the kids running around with hair knotted and halfway down their backs...Playing music every time you are completely happy or utterly blue, and the notes coming out of your hands and voice are exactly how you heard them in your head.
    You know, shit like that...LMAO!! It will take tons of work, of course, because you have to consciously think up the ideas of sunshine and summer rain, then be willing to address the negativity head-on, and finally and replace it with butterflies and stardust and unicorns that poop rainbows. But surely with enough repetition the mind will begin to react this way by default.
    Umm...anyway...I just read over what I wrote, and realized I sound a bit on the side of Luna Lovegood! You'll have to forgive my elaborate responses to everything. I'm not drunk, I promise!! I've just been stuck deep in my thoughts the past few weeks, and all that pressure is spilling out into anything I say or do. And plus, I miss you...and really need one of our late night sessions :( Muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carrie. I love the way you write and I appreciate the encouragement. I am stuck in a rut right now. There are so many things that I wish to accomplish and I am having a hard time figuring out what to do next. I love being a mom, wife, and domestic engineer, but it is time to take the world by storm in other ways as well. I do need re-center. Thank you for the advise Luna ;) I will do all of those things and more. I love you too and as soon as I can be there I will <3

    ReplyDelete