Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring has sprung, and so have I!!

So it has been a month since I posted last. I kept up with the blog for a few weeks and that's about average for my attention span with things. My interest peaked elsewhere and I forgot all about this blog. I didn't blog about my new interest up until this point because I know how I am with things. I didn't want to get all worked up about something and then flake out, like I often do. So It has been over 5 weeks and I'm ready to share...
     About the time that my husband put a new dresser in our bedroom and I saw myself in a large mirror, I realized that my weight was getting out of control. Violet was born almost 4 years ago, Zeke over 2 and I quit smoking almost a year ago. I have been struggling with it in my mind for a long time, especially when I saw pictures of myself. I lost all self confidence, not that I had much to begin with.
    I have decided to make a drastic change in my life. I want to live a long time, I want to run and play with my grandchildren some day. I have won the battle with cigarettes and the logical next step is to win my lifelong battle with food.
    I have never really been comfortable in my own skin. My mother, brother and sister are "abnormally" skinny (sorry guys, it's true.) I definitely have learned to be okay with that. I don't want to be itty bitty, and I don't want to be anyone else. I just want to be a better me. So I have been walking everyday and eating healthily. No fad diets or lose it quick schemes. Just good ole fashioned calorie counting and exercise.
     I feel better than I have in my whole life!! I smoked from age 13-26. After a year I can finally breathe again. I wish that someone would have told me, as a teenager, (they probably did and i didn't listen) how much better I would feel about myself if I would eat right and exercise. Now I have learned it on my own and I couldn't be happier ;)

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I have lost 7 lbs in 5 weeks ;) and in 4 weeks and 1 day we will be taking our first family trip to the beach! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete