Sunday, September 9, 2012

A whirlwind of thanks!!

      I'm sitting in my living room on this beautiful Sunday morning, in silence reflecting. The kids stayed with their Grandparents last night and I was able to get a full night sleep and awaken refreshed. That in itself is a rarity around here. The past two months have flown by and there have been so many changes for all of us. Violet started Kindergarten, Mike started a new position at Morris Broadband, I opened a new business and started working after 4 years of staying home, and Zeke has a new teacher as well as many new friends in his class this year. All of these wonderful changes have been like a whirlwind of excitement, fear, and sometimes chaos. It has been a beautiful thing for all of us, but as with anything, it has come with many challenges. The biggest challenge thus far has been time management, imagine that, a struggle I have always faced, even as a stay at home mom. I am so thankful for my amazing family and friends that have made it all possible.
      I am reminded every day that I am surrounded by extraordinary, loving, kind people. So many of my friends have gone out of their way to buy produce, crafts, and flowers. Some friends come by every week, some old friends, some new, some tried and true. I am so grateful for all of you and you know who you are. My mother and father in law have helped with the kids in countless way. Picking Zeke up from school, keeping them over night, picking them up from my work, watching the stand while I take them to a party, taking them to a party because I'm sick. The two of you are so greatly appreciated and I would be lost without your help. My mom has also come through on several occasions and taken the kids off for a day of fun. One friend of mine, was there first thing on the morning that I opened, she is my biggest buyer of tomatoes, she has helped with my kids, she has always been supportive, listened as I rambled on about my fears and apprehensions, she is a supermom in my eyes, (heck, she's just a super person!) and I love her dearly. Andrea, thank you for always being there.
      Last but most importantly, the man who stands beside me, encourages me to follow my dreams, father to my children, and best friend. Michael, thank you for encouraging me, listening to me ramble and bitch when things aren't going my way, hugging me when I cry, easing my fears, and most of all thank you for being an amazing dad. I appreciate so much for the time that I was able to be a stay at home mom while you worked in a job where you weren't always happy. And thank you for pushing me to follow my own dreams and desires. I love you!
     I am writing all of this down to all of you for two reasons. One is because I cannot thank you enough for all of the love that you all give me. Everyone of my friends and family hold a special place in my heart. The second reason is that I want to always remember how you all have made me feel. Starting a business is a scary thing and I have had your words of encouragement and lovely faces to help me through it, that my loves will never be forgotten. Thank you!!

3 comments: